State of the Derwent Report
The State of the Derwent Report summarises five years of monitoring data and provides a comprehensive review of the health of the estuary.
- State of the Derwent Estuary – 2020 Update
- State of the Derwent Estuary 2010–2015
- State of the Derwent Estuary 2003–2009
State of the Derwent Report Cards
Each year the State of the Derwent Report Card summarises the monitoring data and other relevant information collected by the DEP and its partners.
- State of the Derwent Report Card 2022
- State of the Derwent Report Card 2021
- State of the Derwent Report Card 2018
- State of the Derwent Report Card 2016
- State of the Derwent Report Card 2013
Previous report cards are available.
- Annual Report 2021 - 2022 Derwent Estuary Program Limited
- Annual Report 2020–2021 – Derwent Estuary Program Limited
- Annual Report 2019–2020 – Derwent Estuary Program Limited
- Annual Report 2018–2019 – Derwent Estuary Program Limited
- Annual Report 2017–2018 – Derwent Estuary Program Limited
- August 2023
- May 2022
- December 2020
- May 2020
- September 2019
- March 2019
- September 2018
- March 2017
- December 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
Previous newsletters are available.
DEP planning documents
- Erosion and Sediment Control - The Fundamentals for Development in Tasmania 2023
- Erosion and Sediment Control for Development in Tasmania (printable brochure) 2023
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan - Example Plan 2023
- Tasmanian Stormwater Policy Guidance and Standards for Development 2021
- Source Tracking Framework and Toolkit March 2020
- Factsheets re. soil and water management on building and construction sites (superseded by 2023 publications)
- Water Sensitive Urban Design Procedures for Stormwater Management
- Stormwater & Rivulet Monitoring Report 2010–11
Recreational Water Quality
- Recreational Water Quality Program Annual Report 2022/23
- Recreational Water Quality Program Annual Report 2021/22
- Recreational Water Quality Program Annual Report 2020/21
- Recreational Water Quality Program Annual Report 2019/20
- Recreational Water Quality Program Annual Report 2018/19
- Upper Estuary Foreshore Surveys (Feb 2018, Jan 2019) – updated Sept 2019
- Ricegrass in the Derwent estuary report 2017
- Marine pests and weeds 2008
- River Derwent & Catchment Tributary Water Quality Report 2018.
- Derwent Catchment Review 2011:
More information can be found in the catchment chapter of the State of the Derwent 2020 Update
Various scientific and technical reports
- Friends of Sandy Bay Rivulet - Electro fishing Survey May 2023
- Rapid visual assessments on rocky reefs in the Derwent estuary 2021
- Metal contamination in fish and shellfish of the Derwent estuary – 2020
- DEP Submission on Storm Bay Marine Farm Plans and EIS 2018
- Community Survey 2019
- Derwent estuary foreshore threatened flora 2010
- Dredging and land reclamation guidelines for the Derwent 2013
- Spatial imagery for management of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation in the River Derwent estuary 2011
- Surveys of Intertidal and Subtidal Biota of the Derwent Estuary 2010
- Water Quality Improvement Plan 2010
Locus map – The Derwent estuary lies in the heart of the Hobart metropolitan area in southern Tasmania. It extends south from the rural town of New Norfolk to the Iron Pot lighthouse.
Catchment map – The Derwent River winds its way from Lake St Clair through the catchment of forest and farms to the estuary and eventually the southern ocean.
Map products – The Derwent Estuary Program Habitat Atlas includes a detailed GIS database, a compilation of coastal and subtidal mapping products, that can be accessed via The LIST.